Why Quit Smoking? It’s a question I have asked hundreds of my clients before I help them quit smoking. Everyone knows the horrendous health issues caused by smoking, so I’m not going to waste words on the obvious. I have heard all the reasons and excuses over the years. Sure you may need some help. However, the biggest reason is that is has become a well-worn habit. Furthermore, unless you work at the core of the habits, and habits are run in your subconscious mind, success may well elude you forever. Many people want to quit yet continue to do so, even though they know it is no good for them.
Why Quit Smoking? Here are a few other reasons
- Imagine the holidays, grand finals, overseas trips, early payment of mortgage and other missed opportunities because you didn’t quit smoking. How many years of opportunities have you missed and will you miss?
- Did you know your insurance premiums are more expensive if you smoke? One year smoke-free and premiums reduce. How many hundreds of dollars is that over a smoker’s lifetime? There are alternatives like hypnosis.
- Ever felt left out as a teenager, or been out in a threesome feeling like a spare part? A common experience for smokers as they are ostracised and leave the party to step outside for a quick fix. If you quit smoking you will never have to experience this again! Remember when you quit you need to replace your habit with another healthier behaviour and this takes consistency.
Smoking damages your vision
- And causes macular degeneration. Do you want to live life with no sight?
- Smoking has been linked to impotency. Not so great when you want to get married and have children! Isn’t that a good reason to quit smoking?
- Nicotine is virtually all metabolised within 12 hours of quitting. Isn’t it strange how pharmaceutical companies want you to buy their patches even though they rarely work?
- Smoking might have been the thing to do when you were young, but is it really “cool” to inhale 4,000 toxins and poisonous substances into your body? What benefit are you getting?
Children tend to model their parents
- You only have one body. Why destroy it when you may need it?
- Children tend to model their parents. What sort of impression are they seeing when you smoke in front of them?
Tobacco companies have given free cigarettes to young adults outside night clubs so they get hooked. In 2007 21% of youth in the Philippines smoked, and was set to increase. The result of this was devastating numbers of lung cancer rates in the Philippines.
- United States tobacco companies spend more than $100 million an hour marketing their products. That is just the start.
Finally, you may be happy as a smoker? However, most smokers I have met aren’t. If you are a smoker who wants to quit smoking, click here for your free report. Yes, it can be challenging from some people, but I know you can do it. I have many happy non-smokers. Check out Amanda’s amazing story here.
I hope the above gives you a few reasons why to quit smoking. Remember, addressing the source of the habit and using proven techniques like hypnosis makes quitting much easier. Moreover, creating a plan for your new habits is a great start too.
Help is here to quit smoking today. When you are ready, check out my program here.
Remember, your Mindset Matters!
Mandy Napier BSc