If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got!
The key to success is to keep out of your comfort zone, challenge yourself and be consistent in your new habits.
Here are your seven secrets
- BE CLEAR. Be clear and precise about what you want to accomplish this year. Write down what you want. Clarity of thought carries great weight on the road to success. If you don’t know what you want you will be pulled off course and end up who knows where
- LESS IS MORE. Being busy is often a habitual phrase we use to cover all cases. Being busy does not necessarily mean being productive. Consider the 80:20 principle and start focusing on the 20%. Prioritise and focus and on your key tasks that generate the majority of value you add to your business (or life). Consider creating a not to do list and eliminate the unimportant. If you didn’t get the results you wanted last year, then try doing something different. Focus on less and you will get more done.
- ASK BETTER QUESTIONS. The results you get in your life are proportional to the questions you ask yourself and others. We get what we focus on, so do an audit of what you say to yourself and what habitual questions you ask yourself. Start self programming yourself positive and energy expansive questions such as how can I? The great thing about this is that as humans, we are inherently lazy, and this works because your unconscious mind does the magic for you and seeks to help you out!
- FOCUS ON THE GOOD THINGS. Ultimately, most people want to be happy – whatever their subjective meaning is. When we feel happy we create chemicals in our body that fuel more good feelings. Being happy is also good for our brain (Dr Daniel Amen). A scientific study showed that when people wrote down five things they were grateful for everyday and considered or thought about these throughout the day, their overall level of happiness increased in just 3 weeks. So, wake up in the morning and get into the habit of saying to yourself 3 -5 things that you are grateful for you in your life. Better still, write them down!
- COMMIT TO BANISHING NEGATIVE THINKING. Negative thinking disrupts healthy brain function (Daniel Amen). Whilst you think about that one, also stop eating lousy food. This also affects your brain health, and will prevent you from feeling happy. Did you know 80% of your serotonin is produced in your gut? What you eat defines how happy you are.
- GET A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP. Do you get enough sleep or are you one of the many people who are sleep deprived? Sleep affects the brain, how we function and also has a profound affect on our health and wellbeing. Hypnosis and self hypnosis are both very powerful tools to help us gain mastery over our sleep.
- MUSIC. Listening to enjoyable music has positive effects on your brain and your mood. Listening to classical music improves cognitive ability. Next time you are stuck in traffic, or feeling frustrated, put on some of your favourite music and see how your body responds!
So, there you have your Seven Secrets for a successful year.
Until next time, remember
Your Mindset Matters