The 7 Habits of Successful Dieters.
1.People who have been successful losing weight and keeping it off, have had a shift of mindset; specifically what they think and repeatedly say to themselves, and the meanings they put on their weight loss journey. They don’t feel deprived, because they banish the word diet from their vocabulary. Instead of going on a diet they go on a healthy eating plan. If you have failed a diet, and around 98% of diets fail, it is partly due to focusing and ultimately obsessing about all the things you can’t have. What you focus on eventually motivates you, so when you focus on gaining health and shedding weight rather than losing it, or restricting yourself, you will be better equipped to eat healthier. If you stick with this for long enough you will be successful. (Images courtesy of shutterstock)
2. Successful dieters use mental rehearsal and visualisation techniques consistently to keep themselves plugged into their vision of their future self. When you create a clear picture of what you will be doing, how you will be feeling and what you will be saying to yourself when you have achieved your goals, and connect with it daily, it will be easier to stay focused on your quest.
3. They keep a visual reminder handy of quotes, sayings and commitments where they can read them daily. Examples include; ‘I am a victor in my life and not a victim to short term temptation.’ ‘I can do this.’ ’If I feel like caving in I will move my body and do four sit ups.’ ‘I will read my future vision’, or, ‘I am disciplined and strong.’ Include inspiring pictures that help you keep connected to your goals to be one of those successful dieters.
4. Winners have a strategy or advance plan in place for occasions when temptation may show up. If you are going to a function and you know the only food choices will be deep fried calorie laden snacks, eat in advance. If you go feeling sated, you are less likely to be tempted to eat poor choices.
5. Successful dieters select one daily discipline, or non-negotiable behaviour and stick with it until it becomes a natural healthy habit. They pick an easy one to create some runs on the board, to help further fuel momentum. You could eat off a smaller plate, have soup twice a week for dinner or choose to fast from dinner time until eleven or twelve the following day, twice a week (intermittent fasting).
6.They live by the 80:20 rule. Successful dieters eat healthily eighty percent of the time and allow themselves a few higher calorie treats twenty percent of the time. When you do this, you won’t feel deprived and you will keep your self-sabotaging monsters at bay.
7. Successful dieters embrace a mindset that losing weight is a long term journey. Slower and consistent steps always creates great results, rather than going for a quick fix. Quick fixes may work initially, but with the alarming statistic of 98% failure rate for diets, they are unlikely to work in the long term.
To free yourself from the agony of dieting, and discover 3 things you can do right now click here to download your free eBook